Position: Families Worker
Location: The Well Community Church
Contract: Part Time/Term Time
Salary: £20,500 Per annum (paid on a pro rata basis)
PURPOSE OF POST
• To oversee the development and delivery of the family work of The Well Community Church.
• To maintain and extend our existing outreach work with families by: developing a range of activities and initiatives aimed at engaging families who live within the local area; helping families to connect with the life of the church and supporting our volunteers.
To fulfill this role you will have a passion to see families grow together and develop in their faith, an understanding of the challenges and issues they face today and work in an intergenerational and multi-cultural context.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Initiate and lead family events, services, activities, projects which engage the wider community.
• Develop and manage the families’ budget in conjunction with the finance officer.
• Maintain and develop data base and ensure good communications with families and the church.
• Be aware of and comply with all necessary DBS compliance issues for staff/volunteers working with children & vulnerable adults.
• Network with local churches and any local family provision, establishing and developing partnerships.
• Supervise any families’ volunteers.
• Manage and maintain the necessary level of equipment/resources needed to deliver the families programme.
• Initiate and manage any work needed in supporting families in missional communities.
• Develop prayer strategy and encourage prayer for the families’ work.
• Attend any recommended training, spiritual or essential for development of the post. Also to attend the relevant staff/volunteers leaders conference.
• Any other reasonable tasks as requested by your line manager and the HUB Team.
Accountable to: HUB Team/Pastoral Coordinator
Responsible for: Relevant volunteers as and when required.
• Is a committed Christian.
• Has excellent communication, interpersonal and relational skills.
• Is able to take initiative and be self-motivated.
• Is able to manage their time well.
• Is teachable and willing to be mentored.
• Desires to see different generations working together and families connect with the kingdom of God.
• Has experience leading a work with families both within the church and in the wider community.
• Has the ability to work as a part of a number of different teams, and relate to people of all ages and different backgrounds.
To apply for this position, please send your CV & cover letter to The Wells Trust, The Well Community Church, Wells Way, Camberwell, London SE5 7SY or email firstname.lastname@example.org Your cover letter can be up to 500 words concerning your suitability for the job. For an informal conversation about the role before application, please contact the church office on 020 7703 0924. The closing date for applications is Friday 28th February 2020. We will be interviewing over the first two weeks in March.
An Occupational Requirement exists for the post-holder to be a Christian in accordance with the Equality Act 2010. Any offer will be subject to satisfactory references and checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The applicant would need to become an active member of The Well.
- The appointment is subject to satisfactory references and a probationary period of three months.
- Reasonable expenses incurred in connection with work will be paid in accordance with the regulations.
- The post is based at The Well Community Church, Camberwell, London SE5 7SY.
- The post holder is entitled to paid holiday according to agreed hours.
- There is a workplace pension scheme in place.